PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Defending Your Rights During Child In Need Of Assistance Cases

Outside of delinquency cases, one common reason children come into Iowa’s juvenile court system is in Child in Need of Assistance (CINA) cases. In these cases, the state may be involved with a family due to allegations of abuse, neglect or substance abuse. In extreme cases, the state may escalate these CINA cases to a termination of parental rights (TPR). If you are involved in a CINA or TPR case, you can count on our lawyers to defend your rights and seek to protect your child’s best interest.

We Will Fight To Help Keep Your Family Together

Department of Human Services (DHS) is the department charged with investigating allegations of child abuse or neglect in Iowa. They take all allegations of abuse extremely seriously. Unfortunately, this sometimes translates into DHS removing your children from the home based on false allegations. Some of the most common allegations that lead to a DHS-initiated investigation are:

  • Physical abuse
  • Neglect
  • Sexual abuse
  • Drug use
  • Mental illness
  • Parents unable to feed, clothe or shelter a child

If you are facing the loss of your child, please reach out to the Carr Law Firm P.L.C. Attorneys at Law. Our lawyers will help you fight to win your children back. Protect your rights and your children’s future when you seek legal counsel from our team backed by over four decades of combined legal experience.

Call Or Email Today To Protect Your Child’s Future

Clients across Des Moines and surrounding areas know that our firm has a reputation built on a legacy of excellence. We believe in treating all parties involved with the utmost respect. Our trial attorneys possess the experience clients want in their corner for all family law matters. Contact us today by calling 515-259-1389. You can also fill out a contact form on our website, or send us a message via email. Reach us and experience the difference we can make in your case.

Our office is conveniently located in the Plaza Building in downtown Des Moines.